If you’re in the market for a new wig, you may have come across the terms “lace part wig” and “lace front wig.” With their similar appearances, it’s easy to get confused about the differences between the two. In this article, we’ll help you understand the distinctions so you can make an informed decision when purchasing a lace wig.
What is a Lace Part Wig?
A lace part wig is constructed using a combination of hand-tied lace closure and a machine-made wig cap. The hand-tied lace closure covers only a small portion of the forehead hairline, while the machine-made wig cap is used for the rest of the wig. The virgin Remy hair is then meticulously sewn into the lace holes by hand, while the hair on the machine-made wig cap is also sewn in. This combination creates a natural-looking and affordable lace part wig, also known as a T-part wig or a 13×5 T-part lace wig.
What is a Lace Front Wig?
On the other hand, lace front wigs feature a larger piece of lace at the hairline position, typically in a 13×4 or 13×6-inch size. The virgin human hair is hand-sewn into the lace holes, while the other parts of the wig are made from a thinner and more stable material. Lace front wigs, especially blonde lace front wigs, are easy to wear as they only require bonding the lace part to your head. They provide a seamless, natural-looking hairline.
Lace Part Wig vs. Lace Front Wig
- Both lace front wigs and lace part wigs are suitable for African-American women.
- They are made of 100% virgin human hair and use imported lace.
- They enhance your appearance, making your face more delicate.
- Both wigs have an elastic, breathable net and include combs for secure attachment.
- Lace Area: Lace part wigs have a small lace portion covering the hairline around the forehead, while lace front wigs have a larger lace cap that covers the entire hairline.
- Convenience: Lace part wigs are easier to wear due to their smaller lace area. They require no glue and minimal adjustments, while lace front wigs may need adhesive for a secure fit.
- Tearing Resistance: Lace front wigs have better tearing resistance due to their larger lace area.
- Parting Way: T-part lace wigs can only be parted in the middle, while lace front wigs offer more styling options like a middle part, side part, or free part.
- Durability: Lace front wigs are generally more durable as they are attached more securely to the head.
- Variability: Lace front wigs allow for more hairstyle options, including high ponytails, while T-part wigs are limited to middle parts.
- Cost: Lace front wigs are usually more expensive than lace part wigs due to the larger lace area.
- Breathability: Lace front wigs offer better breathability and comfort thanks to the larger hand-made lace area.
With these differences in mind, you can choose the wig that best suits your preferences and needs.
Why Choose UNice Wig?
At UNice, we understand that perfect hair is a reflection of confidence and self-expression. We offer a wide collection of wigs, including HD lace wigs, glueless wigs, and hair bundles for sew-in. With our 48-hour delivery service, 24/7 customer support, buy now pay later options, and 30-day return policy, we ensure a seamless shopping experience.
Remember, whether you choose a lace part wig or a lace front wig, the most important thing is finding the wig that makes you feel your best.