Ever had a hair color mishap? Not loving the ashy hue your cousin’s colorist worked into your strands? Fear not, sis. We have the perfect solution for you – the Malibu hair treatment.
If you’re an avid social media user, you’ve probably heard about this CPR treatment. But if you’re clueless, here’s everything you need to know about this magical hair removal treatment.
What Is The Malibu Hair Treatment?
The Malibu CPR hair treatment is a haircare product that comes in packets containing crystallized vitamin C granules. It helps remove any buildup and product residue from your strands and scalp. It also helps in nourishing your hair, thanks to vitamin C granules.
The Malibu hair treatment has also been touted for eliminating any residue left by hard water and chlorine from swimming pools. The iron and calcium in hard water can darken light hair and destroy your sexy balayage patterns. Chlorine, on the other hand, may damage your tresses and also increase the risks of UV-ray damage to the scalp.
Does The Malibu Hair Treatment Lift Hair Color?
Yes, it does. As its name suggests, the Malibu CPR (color pigment remover) hair treatment effectively removes unwanted color pigments from your hair. Plus, the product reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with most users praising its hair color-extracting abilities.
And, just as a bonus tip, this hair treatment doesn’t contain bleach or toxic compounds that can severely damage your strands. Instead, Malibu hair treatment uses ingredients that are 100% organic and reduce the chances of permanent hair damage.
Also, if you have layers over layers of hair color, this product might not work for you. The Malibu hair treatment solution is designed to do color corrections. So, if you have over three layers of color at once, you might want to check in with your hair stylist for a more suitable solution.
What Are The Ingredients In A Malibu CPR Hair Treatment?
The Malibu hair treatment works by correcting up to three levels of hair dye without destroying your natural hair color. It does this by using ingredients such as:
- Bentonite – the color-fading clay is popular for its detoxifying properties. It helps eliminate dirt, impurities, and unwanted chemicals from your strands, leaving you with soft, heavily-moisturized strands.
- L-ascorbic Acid – thanks to its antipigmentary properties, vitamin C can help remove unwanted hair color pigments. But according to experts, it can only extract a shade or two. Not more than that.
- Sodium Gluconate – the natural preservative doubles as a conditioning agent, meaning you can enjoy some sexy, bouncy curls after using the Malibu hair treatment.
These three ingredients, in addition to some emulsifiers and viscosity, lift dye pigments from your hair.
How Does One Use The Malibu Hair Treatment?
First, it is recommended that anything that involves hair color should be done by a professional. And the Walmart SmartStyle Salons are best known for using the Malibu hair treatment. But, if you choose to do it at home, make sure to:
- Pour the crystallized granules into a jar or applicator bottle with two ounces of warm water
- Shake well until it a gel-like solution is formed
- Gather your supplies: a tinting brush, gloves, shampoo, conditioner, plastic cap (or processing cap), and a hooded dryer
- Shampoo your hair with your favorite shampoo, then rinse your hair with lukewarm water
- Apply the Malibu hair treatment mixture to your strands using a tinting brush
- Using gloves, massage the solution so that the treatment completely saturates all your strands. PS: the pH level of the mixture can cause a skin reaction, so don’t skip the gloves
- Put on a processing cap, sit under your hooded dryer, and wait for about 20-30 minutes
- When done, carefully remove the processing cap and shampoo your strands three times, rinsing thoroughly between washes
- Condition with your favorite moisture-packed deep conditioner
How Often Should You Use The Malibu Hair Treatment?
For optimal results, repeat the Malibu hair treatment once every nine weeks or as directed by a haircare professional.
However, as mentioned above, a certified hair stylist would be best suited to do the hair treatment. This is because the Malibu CPR treatments require even heat distribution – something your standard hooded hair dryers might not achieve.
Is The Malibu Hair Treatment Safe?
Yes, it is. According to the manufacturer (Malibu C), the hair treatment is one of the safest hair color removal products on the market. It uses organic ingredients and doesn’t contain bleach, sulfates, or other toxic chemicals that can cause severe damage to your strands and scalp.
What Are The Benefits Of The Malibu C Treatment?
The Malibu hair treatment:
- Nourishes hair and protects it from minerals and product buildup-damage
- Effectively helps with unwanted hair color removal – it’s especially excellent with fashion hues such as red and purple than with the more natural hair dyes (browns and all)
- Works magic with oxidative colors (shades you mix with developers than non-oxidative hues (shades you get directly from the tube)
- Gets rid of brassiness/muddiness caused by hard water and chlorine
- Contains crystallized granules with pharmaceutical-grade vitamin C that boosts blood flow to the scalp and safeguards against free radicals damage
- Is suitable for virgin or chemically- and color-treated tresses
- Is 100% vegan, eco- and travel-friendly, and cruelty-free
- Doesn’t contain any preservatives, parabens, phthalates, gluten, fragrances, or sulfates
Where Can You Find The Malibu Hair Treatment?
You can find all Malibu hair treatments on the official website, Amazon, or Walmart. All Malibu CPR hair treatment goes for $11.
Note: You must have a professional account to order any Malibu CPR hair treatment from the brand’s website. Also, when ordering from Malibu C, you can opt for individual single-use pouches or a six-pouched box, which is more cost-effective.
Amazon and Walmart don’t offer the six-pouched box option.
The Malibu CPR Color Pigment Remover ($11)
Need some hair correcting? Grab yourself a box or six of this antioxidant vitamin complex. It naturally removes unwanted pigment without compromising the integrity of your strands or lifting your natural hair color.
Other Malibu hair treatments include:
Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Collection, $40
The shampoo, conditioner, and color prepare collection is your first defense against malicious hard water-related minerals and chemicals.
The set contains Malibu hair treatment signature ingredients (allantoin, vitamin C, and flax protein) which instantly remove unwanted color pigments, tackle hair dryness and dullness and protect against future mineral deposits to reveal your real hair’s unmatched volume and shine.
Malibu C Scalp Wellness Collection, $40
The 100% vegan system nourishes and rejuvenates the scalp with scalp-protecting ingredients like vitamin C, flax protein, and allantoin. It also helps protect from hard water chemicals and chlorine damage.
Malibu Blondes Collection, $40
Not into purple shampoos? Sick of your blonde hair color turning ashy, brassy, or muddy?
Get this Malibu hair treatment wellness collection. It breathes new life into your strand, revealing extra spicy hues and shimmering shine.
It also contains vitamin c and bentonite, which infuse nutrients into your scalp while removing toxic hard water mineral buildup.
Swimmers Wellness Collection, $40
Chlorine is to your strands what processed sugars are to your teeth. Regular contact with hair causes stringy, tangled, and discolored tresses.
But thanks to this exclusive hair treatment system, you can quickly lift out green discoloration caused by chlorine, copper, and other toxic pool elements.
It also works as a potent scalp/strands cleanser and conditioner. Constant use reveals shinier, healthier, vibrant, and tangle-free locks.
Malibu Hair Curl Wellness Collection ($40)
Au Revoir dull, lackluster locks and hello bouncy, vibrant, moisture-packed strands. Whether you have curls, waves, kinks, or something in between, this nature-inspired collection will take your curls from “WTF” to “WHOA!” while kicking frizz and tangles to the curb.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does The Malibu Hair Treatment Work On Type 4 Hair?
Yes, it does. However, you should check with your stylist before investing in the treatment. They’re better suited to know if it’ll work on your hair needs and texture.
Who Should Get A Malibu Hair Treatment?
Queens with color-treated hair. Especially those looking to embrace their natural, nature-given strands.
Does Malibu CPR Hair Treatment Have A Refund Policy?
Yes, it does. If you’re pleased with the results, you can return the Malibu hair treatment boxes within 30 days of receipt. However, you’ll have to call the office to receive a return authorization number and provide them with the credit card number used to place an order.
The money-back-guarantee doesn’t include shipping and handling fees.
Malibu Hair Treatment Reviews
Here’s what color-treated babes have been saying about the Malibu hair treatment:
- [Review 1]
- [Review 2]
- [Review 3]
- [Review 4]