If you’re in the process of renovating your kitchen or bathroom, you may have come across the term RTA (Ready-to-Assemble) cabinets. In this article, we will explore what RTA cabinets are and why they are a popular choice for many homeowners.
The Origins of RTA Cabinets
The term “RTA” originated in the furniture industry when manufacturers started offering furniture that required assembly by the consumer. This approach helped reduce manufacturing and shipping costs, making the products more affordable. Over time, the concept of RTA expanded to include cabinets for kitchens and bathrooms.
Understanding Ready to Assemble Cabinets
RTA cabinets are new cabinets that come individually packaged for easy assembly on-site. In most cases, the cabinet doors are pre-installed to the face frame, simplifying the assembly process. The assembly time varies depending on the manufacturer and the size of the cabinet. At Lily Ann, we take pride in manufacturing durable RTA cabinets that are easy to assemble.
Types of RTA Cabinets
There are two main types of cabinets: assembled and RTA cabinets. Assembled cabinets are pre-assembled at the factory and ready for installation upon delivery. On the other hand, RTA cabinets require some basic assembly. It’s important to note that high-quality RTA cabinets are designed, manufactured, and delivered with ease of assembly in mind.
Different Assembly Types for RTA Cabinets
RTA cabinets can be assembled using various methods. Two common assembly types are metal clip assembly and dovetail assembly. Metal clip assembly is a traditional method that involves using metal clips to join the cabinet parts. Dovetail assembly, developed by Lily Ann, offers a user-friendly and stronger alternative. This method hides the metal clips for a more seamless look. Other types, such as cam-lock assembly, may also be available from different retailers.
Pros of Choosing RTA Cabinets
There are several advantages to choosing RTA cabinets for your kitchen or bathroom renovation:
- Affordability: RTA cabinets are often more cost-effective compared to fully assembled cabinets.
- Availability: RTA cabinets typically have shorter lead times and are ready to ship.
- Quality: RTA cabinets have improved significantly in terms of design and manufacturing techniques.
- Style Options: RTA cabinets come in a wide range of styles to suit different tastes and preferences.
- Avoiding Limited Options: RTA cabinets offer a broader selection than what is available at big box stores.
- DIY-Friendly: If you enjoy DIY projects, assembling RTA cabinets can be a fun and rewarding experience.
- Convenience: You can order RTA cabinets from the comfort of your own home.
Cons of RTA Cabinets
While RTA cabinets offer many benefits, there are also a few drawbacks to consider:
- Assembly Required: RTA cabinets do require some assembly, although they are designed to be easy to assemble with minimal tools. Some individuals may prefer to pay a premium for fully assembled cabinets.
Debunking RTA Cabinet Myths
Let’s address a couple of common myths associated with RTA cabinets:
- RTA cabinets are of poor quality: This is not true. The RTA furniture industry has shifted towards better quality products as consumer preferences have changed. At Lily Ann, we take pride in offering high-quality RTA cabinets.
- RTA cabinets won’t add value to your home: On the contrary, adding quality RTA cabinets can enhance the value of your home, just like custom cabinetry.
Why Choose RTA Cabinets from Lily Ann Cabinets
Lily Ann Cabinets is a family-owned business that has been manufacturing cabinets since 2004. We offer a wide selection of RTA cabinets that are built with quality and affordability in mind. Our cabinets are proudly made in the USA, and we provide free kitchen design consultations with professional designers to help you plan your project effectively.
Don’t miss the opportunity to transform your kitchen, bathroom, or any other space with our competitively priced RTA cabinets. Browse our selection today and start planning your dream remodel project!