Are you ready to elevate your everyday dishes with a burst of Italian flavor? Look no further than this easy homemade Tuscan Seasoning recipe. Say goodbye to store-bought spice blends once you’ve tried this aromatic and versatile mix. In just under 5 minutes, you can create a fabulous Italian blend that will enhance your culinary creations.
What is Tuscan Seasoning?
Tuscan Seasoning is a simple homemade blend that combines Tuscan herbs and spices. You probably already have these ingredients in your spice cupboard. Similar to Italian seasoning, Tuscan Seasoning adds a unique twist with a few extra ingredients. It’s a quick and effortless way to infuse Italian flavors into your dishes.
To make this DIY spice blend, you’ll need:
- Dried basil
- Sea salt flakes
- Dried rosemary
- Dried oregano (or marjoram)
- Powdered garlic
- Dried thyme
- Fennel seeds (optional, crush them if preferred)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Feel free to customize the ingredients to suit your taste. You can add chili flakes for a bit of heat or experiment with other spices like paprika. The possibilities are endless.
How to Make Tuscan Seasoning
Making Tuscan Seasoning is a breeze. Here’s what you need to do:
- Measure out all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together with a dry spatula or whisk.
- Transfer the seasoning into an airtight spice jar or mason jar if making a large quantity.
That’s it! Your homemade Tuscan Seasoning is ready to be used in your favorite recipes.
Tips for Using Tuscan Seasoning
Here are a few tips to maximize the use of your Tuscan Seasoning:
- Feel free to vary the amount of salt based on your preference. Different types of salt can be used, such as pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt. Adjust the ratios of the other ingredients accordingly.
- Experiment with additional spices to enhance the flavor profile. Consider adding a teaspoon of paprika or chili flakes for an extra kick.
- Use the seasoning as a rub for meats and fish. It works well whether you’re cooking in a skillet, Instant Pot, Air Fryer, or oven.
- If you prefer a powdered texture, blend all the ingredients in a spice grinder.
How to Use Tuscan Seasoning
You can use Tuscan Seasoning to add flavor to a variety of dishes, including:
- Chicken breasts
- Roasted vegetables
- Avocado toast
Remember to start with a small amount and adjust to taste. A teaspoon of seasoning is a good starting point for a recipe serving 2-4 people.
Homemade Tuscan Blend Substitute
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, don’t worry. You can create a substitute by using a mix of the spices you do have. Alternatively, if you have Italian Seasoning in your spice cupboard, that can be used as a decent replacement.
Edible Gifting Idea
This easy Tuscan Seasoning mix can also make a unique DIY gift. Prepare a few batches, transfer them into cute spice jars or mason jars, add a ribbon and a label, and share them with your foodie friends. It’s a thoughtful and delicious present.
Looking for more recipes to use your Tuscan Seasoning? Here are a few ideas:
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Popcorn (a must-try!)
Explore More Spice Mix and Seasoning Recipes
If you enjoy making your own spice blends, check out these other recipes:
- Creole Seasoning
- Steak Seasoning
- Greek Seasoning
- Jamaican Curry Powder
- Poultry Seasoning Mix
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Stone House Seasoning
- Caribbean Green Seasoning
Thank you for joining me on this flavorful journey to create an easy Tuscan Seasoning. With just a few simple ingredients, you can add a touch of Italy to your everyday cooking. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes, homemade seasonings, and culinary inspirations. Keep exploring and enjoying the wonderful world of food!